I don’t know about you, but I can certainly live off of buffalo mac n cheese, actually anything buffalo for that matter! I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t like it. Since I’m always exploring new ways to incorporate it into meals and instead of shelling out my paycheck to restaurants for this delicacy, I decided to try it out for myself. I mean just look at this ❤ ❤
- Pasta – I use shells or elbows
- 12 oz. breaded chicken – I use Purdue Simply Smart
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 oz. (slightly more than half a block) of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Begin to boil water for pasta. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt and pasta. Let cook until al dente (about 7-9 minutes).
- Cook the Purdue chicken strips as per directions on front and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the cheddar cheese block into smaller slices so it melts easier.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium sauce pot, add cream cheese, butter, and milk. Allow the cream cheese to soften and butter melt over medium heat.
- Add both cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Let the cheeses begin to melt, continually stirring.
- Once the cheese has just melted, add the wing sauce and hot sauce.
- Combine the mixture over low heat. Once the mixture is all melted and combined, it should be super cheesy and stringy. Remove from heat.
- Strain pasta and put back in the pot it was cooking in.
- Pour the cut chicken and the cheese mixture over the pasta. Stir gently to combine everything.
- Serve and drizzle some more hot sauce on top! If you included blue cheese crumbles, definitely sprinkle some on top!