It’s summer and even though I want to eat gelato and ice cream every day, I know that would sabotage my weekly workouts. Eating healthy has always been the hardest part for me especially because I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I’d rather eat cake as opposed to dinner lol. Below is a recipe I have been using for ages that helps satisfy my sweet tooth but doesn’t take away from my “gains” (idk why I can’t take that word seriously). There is a lot of variety you can add to these – if you don’t like chocolate chips, add caramel or butterscotch chips, even some pretzels…it completely transforms the flavor to whatever it is you like! See my version below!
- 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- **1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder (if you don’t have this then just add 1/4 cup of oats)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1TBSP flaxseed
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/3 chocolate chips (I used these amazing dairy/nut/soy free mini chips from Enjoy Life)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl + mix!
- Shape into balls + refrigerate.
- ENJOY 🙂
*Super old video as I wanted to write this post AGES ago* Hahaha