Abs are made in the kitchen. While yes, abs are made in the gym, what you make + eat in your kitchen is what will reveal them. Only about 30% of what you do in the gym will help with the abs, the other 70% is all about what you’re putting into your body. In this post, I will go over (and show you!) some exercises I do to help with my abs. I don’t have a six pack (I do have a sweet tooth 😉 ), but I do know these exercises are some of the best and will def have your abs burning the next day!
I do abs about four times a week. I dedicate one day to all exercises on the stability ball, another day to solely planks, another day leg raises/cable crunches/Russian twists, and another day on just random ab machines.
*Some of these require a pilates ball, but I will also include some other exercises that you can do without*
Happy New Year! So excited to see what is in store for 2018 and to leave 2017 behind! I guess my first resolution should be to get back into posting weekly. I have sooo many ideas for content but what good are they if they just stay in my head? With the start of a new year, I see so many “new year, new me” quotes, but lately I have been seeing so many more “new year, new body” type of quotes and resolutions – which I think is great! Being active and fit is so important to your overall health and even self-esteem. I think 2017 was all about the booty, and I think 2018 will be the same so I will be sharing with you my booty regiment. I actually do legs two times a week, call me crazzzzzzy. After a few weeks of doing this, I do switch it up to other routines because it is good to shock the body so the muscles don’t get so used to certain workouts. If this post goes well, I will be sharing my other workouts I do throughout the week :). *Disclaimer – I am not a personal trainer, nor am I some bikini competition model, but I am pretty proud of my assets (lol) and after working out for years, I’d like to think I know a thing or two 😛 I posted a few videos of sample exercises, andthe workouts are at the bottom of the page 🙂
I try to do legs beginning of week + end of week. Usually Monday/Friday. Do weights that you feel comfortable with and don’t try to over exert yourself! I always switch it up between heavy weights and low weights.
Below are two examples of exercises (I may add more!). The first one is single leg glute bridges. The other two are modified kickbacks – putting the weight behind your knee!
Leg Day 1
Warm-Up – no weight (3 sets of 15)
Lateral band walks
Curtsy lunges (no weight or low weight) – 5 sets of 10
Hip raises (now weight or low weight) – 5 sets of 10
Single leg glute bridge (no weight or low weight) – 5 sets of 10
Kickbacks (no weight or low weight) – 5 sets of 10