Soo time is flying and severely got ahead of me! I can’t believe my last post was so long ago, oops! If you follow me on Instagram (which 87% of you do since this is probably what you led you here lol), you’d have noticed that I recently revamped my story highlights! As a Virgo, I *love* order and neatness, so I wanted to clean up my highlights and make them more uniform. When I did a little research on how to get these highlight covers, I was shocked to see bloggers and sites actually charge for them! Since I’ve been living everyday like Christmas, I figured let me see how I can create my own. I am so glad I did! I was able to customize the covers exactly to my taste and couldn’t be happier. I def plan on creating more and switch them up in the future.
Here is a step by step guide on how to make your own covers in literally ten minutes from ANYWHERE – phone or desktop!
- Go to canva.com. You do not need to create an account, but if you do it is still free.
- In the left hand corner, hit create design.
- Select Instagram story (1080×1920 px)
Now comes the fun part, the designing!
- For the background of your cover, you can choose ones that Canva already has uploaded, or you can upload your own!
- Next you can add text or search for various icons for whatever highlight you are trying to make.
Here is an example of the ones I made! To make more, you can simply just click on “copy page”. This will copy the exact page and you can just change the wording/icon. If you want to create a completely different theme or background, you would hit “add new page” at the bottom.
When you are all done, all you have to do is save! The app interface is still the same so from your phone you’d just download. On desktop, you’d download and then email to yourself and save from there. You can download all at once, or one at a time.
I hope this helps, I can’t wait to see some of your designs!